Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffin
I love muffins, I mean I LOVE muffins. I can eat them every day (and I have eaten them every day). Unfortunately, they don’t really like me - especially my waistline. With this recipe, by using less sugar and oil, and incorporating healthful ingredients like zucchini, almond flour, nuts, dark chocolate, and dried cranberries, I get the best of both worlds…..I can have my cake and eat it too! If you like to enjoy a nutty chocolaty zucchini muffin and not having to feel guilty afterwards, you’ll love this healthier version of the traditional zucchini bread recipe.
Make 12 muffins
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups grated zucchini
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (60 % cacoa)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake paper and spray with cooking spray.
2. Beat all wet ingredients (except zucchini) together in a large mixing bowl, until creamy.
3. Add and combine grated zucchini into creamy mixture.
4. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
5. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet mixture. Mix until wet and dry ingredients are evenly combined.
6. Add flavoring ingredients into batter and stir with a spatula until evenly combined.
7. Spray the inside of an ice cream scoop with cooking spray, then scoop batter into muffin tins. Bake for about 30-35 minutes (when the top is cracked and golden), or until the tester (wooden BBQ skewer) inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Variation: For zucchini bread, use 2 loaf pans instead of the muffin tins.