Saffron Rice with Edamame and Fish Cake
1 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
3/4 cup chicken broth
10 -15 saffron threads
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 scallions, diced
1/2 cups frozen edamame
1/2 cup frozen or can corn kernels
1 cup fish cake or fish meatballs, diced
1/4 cup water
1. Cook rice with chicken broth and saffron in rice cooker.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet. Add scallions and1/4 teaspoon salt. Once wilted, place scallion and oil in a small bowl and set it aside.
3. Add fish cake, edamame, and corn to the same skillet. Stir several times to combine the ingredients. Add water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir several times, cover lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
4. Add granulated garlic and scallion oil into the cooked rice. Using a pair of chopsticks or a fork, fluff and combined the rice until it is infused with the saffron color.
5. Add fish cake and vegetable mixture to rice. Evenly combine all the ingredients and serve.