Zucchini Bread/Muffins with Cheerios Crumb Toppings
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup golden raisins
3 cups grated zucchini (about 3 small zucchinis)
½ cup chopped Multi-Grain Cheerios
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line the muffin tins with cupcake paper.
- Beat all the wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, until creamy.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture. Mix until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Add the flavoring ingredients into the creamy mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into muffin tins (fill ½ to ¾ of the way). Sprinkle crumb topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes (when the top is cracked and golden), or until the tester (wooden BBQ skewer) inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Variation: For zucchini bread, use 2 loaf pans instead of the muffin tins.