Popcorn Chicken Avocado Apple Salad
This salad hits almost every flavor of your palate. The sweet Fuji apples, refreshing cucumbers, creamy avocados, and tangy and fragrant lime combined with crunchy savory popcorn chicken just makes you want to ask for seconds.
1 pound frozen popcorn chicken
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2 English cucumbers, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt and black pepper
2 Fuji apples, peeled and diced
2 avocados, diced
- Cook popcorn chicken according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice cucumbers and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Zest the lime into the bowl. Cut lime in half and squeeze the juice of half a lime on the cucumber.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil. Combine all ingredients in the bowl and set it aside.
- Peel and dice apples. Add apples to top of the cucumbers. Squeeze the other half of the lime juice on the apples.
- Add diced avocados to the bowl. Check this site for step by step instructions on how to cut an avocado. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_cut_and_peel_an_avocado/
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl and place salad on a serving plate.
- Once the chicken is done, place chicken on top of salad and serve.